Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where did my Windows XP display properties go?

I have reinstalled my Windows XP using the Restore DVD and my PC has been rebooted a lot of times everytime I download a new software or update. I have downloaded the following from the moment I have reinstalled XP:



-Windows Media Player 10



-Mozilla Firefox browser



-Limewire



-Rhapsody



-Yahoo Messengeer w/ Voice,Toolbar,Widgets



-Maple Story



-Norton Antivirus 2005



The only software I have removed are AOL,ICQ and Compuserve.



After downloading Maple Story and Norton Antivirus, my PC automatically rebooted without any warning message. I'm now so pissed off seeing that everything looks like I'm using Windows 95. I'm still trying to bring back the XP style of buttons and windows but the display properties found in the Control Panel removed the option of modifying it to XP style.



Have I removed a component accidentally? I've restarted my PC twice to see if the XP look will be restored but I have no luck. Please don't tell me that i have to use the Restore DVD once again.



Where did my Windows XP display properties go?microsoft



have you tried right-clicking an empty space on your desktop, and going to properties?



if "properties" isn't available as a menu option, try reinstalling windows from an actual OS cd, and not a restore disc.



also, right click on the taskbar and go to "properties", then the "start menu" tab, and select whatever type of interface you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment