Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I can't remove programs on my computer, help please?

When ever i want to remove programs from my computer, I can't go to add/remove programs because it's says restrictions. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator. What is this. I have windows xp, and there's only one administrator on my computer,can please someone tell me what could be wrong with my computer. I also get a pop-up sometime my computer saying spyware antivirus and dowload this software to delete the spyware.



I can't remove programs on my computer, help please?nortan antivirus



That's almost certainly malware. If you have an anti-virus, I suggest you make sure it has the latest virus definitions and run it. If you don鈥檛 have one, many people here swear by AVG (it鈥檚 free).



I also suggest you download Ad-Aware SE and Spybot S%26D (they鈥檙e free), install them, update them and run them. If any of the above doesn鈥檛 seem to be able to get rid of everything it reports finding, try running it again, this time in Safe Mode. Safe Mode often prevents the malware from running and protecting itself.



Also, turn off System Restore to evict any copies of bad stuff that might be lurking there.



To get into Safe Mode:



1.Log out and reboot your machine.



2.When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment