Sunday, September 20, 2009

My monitor is acting funny; read details below?

SORRY MY MESSAGE IS SO LONG



Right. I have an ACER Aspire tt120e - 8830 A standard CRT 17 inch monitor, had for about 3 years.



I was looking for a host for my website so i tryed addyour. then i clicked on wordperfect (blog site) and my monitor started flickering for no perticular reason. So i came off (quite dumbfounded) and shut the pc down. i have a Firewall (Hardware and software) with AVG antivirus. I have windows updates on and i dont use the pc much. Tried google and it said to use the degauss feature. So i did and it worked for about 2 mins and then that annoying flickering started again. I think the monitor is going and i have moved all magnetic things away. Anyone? please?



My monitor is acting funny; read details below?internet



Go to a standard repair center of the company and have it repaired.



My monitor is acting funny; read details below?network



I agree with the above answer, your refresh rate changed. Right click on the desktop and go to Properties then go to the Settings tab click Advanced and go to the Monitor tab, you will be able to set the refresh rate there. He is also right about setting it to a mode that it cannot support, however, by default Windows will hide the modes that are not supported by your monitor, if not then you can just check the box that says "hide modes that are not supported by this monitor". If that doesn't work it could be that either the monitor is going bad or your video card is going bad. Try plugging the monitor into another computer that is lying around and if it works okay then it is probably your video card, if not it's the monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment