Sunday, September 20, 2009

Has anyone been phished via "Comcast" "required download"?

A supposed Comcast website shows up in every IE site I go to and says I have to download an update (Windows XP Home Edition is my OS) and turn off all antivirus, anti spyware software I have installed. I've done an indepth Norton Antivirus Scan and Spysweeper Scan with no results. Is this a virus I can get rid of?



Has anyone been phished via "Comcast" "required download"?antivirus



You may have a malicious piece of software loaded on your browser as a browser helper object BHO which directs your IE to this site. You didn't mention whether or not you are a comcast internet customer but I have been on comcast for years and have never seen anything like you are talking about...



Here's a link to a site about Hijack this. Its a program that will create a log of what's going on with your computer. It creates a file which you can present in a number of forums and the resident guru's can examine your log and give you advise to address your problem.. Go to this page read about the program and decide if this is the help you want..



http://netsecurity.about.com/od/popupsan...



Has anyone been phished via "Comcast" "required download"?computer



go to start run and type there "sfc /scannow" without ""



it will scan you windows for changes systemfiles, and if somethings wrong with the internetexplorer files it will replace them
Interesting. I am with Comcast aslo. I have not seen this yet.



Maybe Google it.



Sounds like you might have a browser hijacker.



Get Adaware from download.com, install, update it then have it scan and remove spyware from your PC. Depending on the severity of the infection, you might have to take more extensive measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment