Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I hvave a Virus issue on my Comp please help!?

Ok i think kid sister was online messing around and today i noticed when i clicked IE explorere icon it brought me directly to a spam type page and on the bottom right hand corner of my screen theres an icon flashing and every now and then it pops up saying i have a virus and if i want to remove it i must purchase some online software...i ran my antivirus program and spyware program got rid of everything rebotted and it's still there...it won't allow me to override my homepage to yahoo and always goes to a website called some update thing where it says i need to buy their software...and i'm getting pop ups. I cleaned the cache and history and this dumb infection won't go away anybody??



I hvave a Virus issue on my Comp please help!?pop up blocker



this would be my advice... sounds like what you have is spyware, more likely, or a worm. download a couple of trial (or free) versions of spyware or virus programs off the net, but do not install them. this is just so you'll have a "clean" program to use for scanning your computer. lots of bugs can immunize themselves so your usual security can't find them. these freebies should be easy to find, but i'll look around for a good link for you in a minute.



after you've done this, run msconfig



you might want to start by having a look under the startup tab and see if anything looks like it shouldn't be there. if this is the case, uncheck it, apply and restart. if you're not familiar with the startup tab however, don't do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment