Wednesday, September 16, 2009

When I try to scan my computer for viruses?

I get the blue error screen when it is about 91% done. It says that windows shutdown to prevent problems or something. I dont remember exactly what it said but it takes about 50 minutes to get to that point. At the time it happens, it says I have 4 potential threats. The software is Trend Micro AntiVirus. Does anyone know why it is doing this?



When I try to scan my computer for viruses?spyware



Try using AVG, I had the same problem with a Customer computer and the virus would shut down the computer when scanning with ADAWARE. It is free, and go from there.



When I try to scan my computer for viruses?virus scan



It could be a number of issues but a bad hard disk could be your issue. Whenever you are scanning an infected PC you want to first make sure you have service pack 2 installed on XP, then boot up normally and turn system restore off. I also like to install a better AV tool such as Avast at this point. You may also want to run a 'chkdsk c: /r', which will require a reboot. This will let you know how corrupted your HD is and maybe even repair it if it isnt destroyed. Then boot into safe mode and scan and remove viruses. If using Avast I would schedule the boot time scan to remove threats. I would definately follow up with Spybot S%26D and a virus removal tool and I also like to use System Mechanic Total Care to remove invalid registry keys and startup entries. Good luck.
Try using Spyware Terminator its free and open source

No comments:

Post a Comment