Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Am trying to figure out this "unmountable boot volume" thing on my PC.?

I've read and printed off several other responses but I cannot get PC to work. what of the following SPECIFIC Dell disks do i need to insert into the disc drive in order to get to the C: prompt (in order for me to type in "chkdsk /p" or whatever prompt I'll need) OR for the PC to pick up on the inserted disc in order for me to pic "cleanup" or "repair"---%26gt;%26gt; here are all the disks I have: 1) drivers/utilities (diagnostics and utilities)/online documentation/phone tools/modem on hold 2) Application (ro resinstalling roxio easy cd creator) 3) drivers/utilities (device drivers/diagnostics and utilities/computer documentation 4) application (antivirus, support, multimedia and internet software) 5) operating system (reinstallation CD/microsoft windows XP home edition/service pack 1)



-When trying to read disc #1 from above, on the screen popped up: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\wind... over and over again with different endings.



-recently replaced HD



Am trying to figure out this "unmountable boot volume" thing on my PC.?viruses



Your Computer Seems To Be Starting Up In "SafeMode"Why?Who Knows.But I Can Tell You How To Get To The C Prompt.Put In Your Reinstallation Disc.Restart Your Computer.Wait For the Prompt PRESS ANY KEY TO BOOT FROM CD\Or SETUP IS INSPECTING YOUR HARDWARE.After The Drivers Load Choose The Option "To REPAIR USING THE RECOVERY CONSOLE"What system Do You Want To Log On To?Press (1),And ForThe Password Just Press Enter(Unless You Have A Custom Password).You Should Be At The C Prompt Now.The Good News Is That You Have The Reinstallation CD.Worst Case Senerio is Using It To Reinstall.Most People Dont Even Have It.



Am trying to figure out this "unmountable boot volume" thing on my PC.?antispam



Disk 5 is the lucky disk. From the windows install disk, you can go to the repair console.

No comments:

Post a Comment