Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spyware Revived. I need your help :)?

Ok, last night I asked about this. I have VERY persistent spyware using IE to produce popups. I use Firefox, but when i play a game that uses IE in its lobby the popups activate and dont stop(its not the game).



I have tried:



Adaware



Spybot S%26D



AVG Antispyware



NOD32 Antivirus



Windows Malicious Software Remover



Windows Defender



CCleaner.



I got some spyware with spybot and avg, but it didnt get THIS spyware. Need ideas on fixing it. My default browser is FF2, and as you know, I cannot completely uninstall IE.



Looking for something free or cheap here. No norton or mcaffee(the antichrist to my computers)



Spyware Revived. I need your help :)?computer virus



The best thing you can try is having your HD scanned and cleaned in a different computer. It's a nightmare to remove stuff that launches itself several times, so they won't allow themselves to be removed easily.



Another way is to create a new BartPE boot CD, on a clean PC. It actually boots a partial WinXP, so you can run some antiviruses.



The hard way: On your PC, disable most ActiveX junk on IE (Manage Add-Ons), reboot, then stop all non-essential Windows services, and re-run your antivirus. Download and use the freeware "Process Explorer" and try to kill the suspect(s), then run the antivirus. (Process Explorer shows you the executable file and path).

No comments:

Post a Comment