Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What do I do about my computer??

Here are the problems:



-Pop-ups saying that my computer is infected (the pop-ups look fake)



-Internet opens BY ITSELF and goes to antispynet.com or something like that. This happens unprovoked and it opens EVERY 3 minutes AT LEAST.



-Task manager screen has tan background instead of white and I cannot click the tasks to end them



-All programs are MUCH MUCH slower and freeze more often



-Spy Sweeper and Norton HAVE found viruses but are no help in deleting them.



Bottom line, I KNOW my computer is infected. My problem is, I cannot find the source of infection with either SPY SWEEPER or NORTON ANTIVIRUS. I cannot ourchase any software at the store and I cannot download it as I do not have a credit card or paypal.



How can I fix my computer? DO NOT TELL ME TO CALL GEEKSQUAD or anything like that. They just make things worse.



What do I do about my computer??virus protection



You've got massive amounts of spyware. There are two free utilities I would suggest trying. One is Ad-Aware, the other is Spybot. Install and run them both. Spybot also comes with a utility that blocks access to known bad URLs. Installing that will help prevent the pop-ups.



What do I do about my computer??agv



i would say your best bet is to reload your OS from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment