Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Should I increasing RAM for better speed of my notebook?

I have a notebook with 1.6 GHz processor and 248 MB RAM. When i brought it 2 years ago it was working fine. But now with antivirus, firewall and many softwares the system appears to be very slow. It takes lots of time to open many heavy software and has overall slow down. One suggestion i came across is increase the RAM to 1GB. Is it ok if i do that. I mean will the existing framework of my notebook which is 2 year old will be able to support 1 GB RAM? In simple terms, is it ok if i upgrade my RAM to 1GB, to increase the speed of my notebook?



Should I increasing RAM for better speed of my notebook?network security



newegg.com is a great website with pretty heap RAM prices. You should be able to put the name and model of your computer into their little ram finder thing...and it'll tell you what kind to buy. Crucial.com also has a great RAM finder. I believe bestbuy.com also has a RAM finder as well.



My thinking is RAM is pretty cheap....and either way it'll help your system out. Start cheap and if that doesn't work, then work up to other options.



I'm upgrading another Gig, just waiting for it to come in the mail!



EDIT....weird I have a V2000 too, that I bought about 2 years ago. What are the chances of that? You need to buy PC2700, it can support up 2GB RAM.



Should I increasing RAM for better speed of my notebook?norton internet security

No comments:

Post a Comment