Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How can I uninstall icq5.1?

The program's own uninstall says "cannot read install.log". Windows add/remove programs just freezes and tries to launch explorer. If I try to delete the folder, it says it is write-protected; I right-click and uncheck write-protection but it automatically reverts. I tried to uncheck "Launch ICQ on Startup" box in prefs but it also reverts. Sounds like a virus but I have up-to-date antivirus, anti-spy and firewall software and they dont detect anything.



Please help!



How can I uninstall icq5.1?vincent



you can go to the safe mode and can delete the software.



and you can remove the entry from registry from registry.



start--%26gt;run--%26gt;type "regedit"



save a copy of registry before making any chnages by import/export wizard.



local_machine



software



under software look for entry for icq.



delete it. and reboot the system.



any wrong step and your computer will not boot again. so make sure, not to delete any other entry. and donot fiddle with the registry.



How can I uninstall icq5.1?adware remover



Have you tried deleting it in Safe Mode?
depends on what computer Mac throw away pc uninstall

No comments:

Post a Comment