Sunday, September 20, 2009

Other than upgrading my hardware, is there a way to speed up my computer in terms of processing?

Basically, I'm looking for some software that might clean out all the useless stuff that's slowing my computer down. Does anyone have any ideas other than actually upgrading my hardware? I've already got antivirus and spyware software.



Other than upgrading my hardware, is there a way to speed up my computer in terms of processing?computer protection



What excatly are your system spec's? Im sure you do disk clean up, defragment, use a registry cleaner, virus scanner, and spyware scanner, Here is a little trick that people often ignore when they want to speed there computer up.



*Note this will only temporarly speed your computer up untill you have more applications and real time applications installed.



it is called Virtual Memory. It is RAM written on the hard drive. This is used for people who can not afford to get new hardware on there computer but want to temporarly give your computer a boost.



Right Click-%26gt; My computer-%26gt; Properties-%26gt;Advance-%26gt; And on the Virtual memoery box-%26gt; Settings-%26gt;



You should notice some numbers:



Minimum:



Maximum:



Registry File Size:



This requires alot of trial and error because depending on your computer system spec you can raise it some. If you raise ti to much you will only make your computer slower. The minimum and Maxium are size that it will reserve on your computers disk space and use it as RAM untill it has time to get to RAM and process it. Think of it as a waiting line, untill it can get to RAM or the CPU. That is why olders computers were lounder because it was constantly wriritng and erasing from the hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment