Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trend Micro Help--Where is my License key?

I have TrendMicro PC-cillin Antivirus for my computer. I bought it legitimately from Best Buy about a year ago, and it's now expired. I want to update my software, but I didn't register my product when I first got it--I just installed it and used it without registering.



I can re-register and buy a new product, but I need the "License key" to do that.



I have the serial number and the original package I bought it all in, but I have NO CLUE what the license key is!!



Can someone PLEASE help me??? Where do I look and what kind of number is it??



Trend Micro Help--Where is my License key?photoshop



The price difference between buying Trend Micro new and renewing an older version is small, $10-15. But, if you dead set on renewing, the license key is saved within the Windows registry. If you don't know what the Windows registry is then you should call a customer service agent to walk you through the steps. Trend Micro offers free customer service. Otherwise, go to Start Menu %26gt; Run %26gt; type "regedit" %26gt; [Enter] %26gt; ..Go to the following HotKey HKEY_Local_Machine %26gt; Software %26gt; TrendMicro %26gt;



Trend Micro Help--Where is my License key?symatec



Yes, Well the thing of it all is that it usually sticker-ed on the jacket that it came with or in or on the small manual itself. I hope that's not bad news for you. You always look to keep it with the rest of need-to-save product keys %26 code papers.



Good Luck
See if there is a key on the packaging - sometimes inside the box. If not contact the company via email or call if they provide a number and they should be able to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment