Thursday, October 22, 2009

Installing Norton Antivirus?

So I used to have Norton anitvirus corportate edition and I want to install the 2006 anti virus. it didn't let me because i had the corporate version installed. I uninstalled the corporate version (via "add/remove in control panel) and it still wont let me install the new software sying corporate version is still installed. I downloaded "Advance Uninstaller" and it even couldn't find any trace of the corporate edition. I don't know what to do. Please help!



Installing Norton Antivirus?bmw



I'm not surprised. I refuse to use anything connected with Norton just for those reasons. They are buggy and resource hogging programs that don't work as they should.



Installing Norton Antivirus?free adware remover



Search for "avast" on the net. If it's for home-use it's free. It costs for busineses though. Anyways I used to use Norton but found out that Avast is way better and picks up more virus attack faster than you can take care of them easily with this program.
Boot into "Safe Mode" (usually F5 or F8). Then go to ADD/Remove.
you should really check out Leo Laporte's advice. he's a famous tech guy that has his own radio show. in the notes, he mentions the word "bloated". he means, full of unnessary features that probably slows down the preformuce and alot of "left over" stuff even after removing the program.
Once you have uninstalled it, (you may need c.cleaner to do this -have listed url below) then install some of these free ones you dont have, they are all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment