Thursday, October 22, 2009

Anti virus for Macbook Pro?

I just bought a Macbook pro today. Before I go surfing on the net with it what kind of anti virus sofware should I get? I only have Norton Antivirus for my Sony Vaio right now. But Im guessing I should not use it for my new Mac since its windows. I have heard that Macs do not need anti virus software because they have anti virus protection already built in. Is that true? Am I safe without it? Or is it best to get some anways? And if so what kind?



Anti virus for Macbook Pro?pop up blocker



Rumour has it that Macs are immune to viruses.



Anti virus for Macbook Pro?systemworks



No computer is 100% immune to viruses or malware. Although Macs are less susceptible to infection, it's always good practice to install software that protects your system. OS X comes with a built-in firewall, not virus protection.



There's a free virus scanner for Mac called ClamXav. It quite popular among Mac users so I would suggest you give that a go before spending money on commercial software.



http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/



Before you connect to the internet, don't forget to turn on the built-in firewall;



1. Click the Apple menu [ 铮?] and select System Preferences from the list.



2. Under "Internet and Network", click the "Sharing" icon.

No comments:

Post a Comment