Monday, October 19, 2009

How can I get rid of Norton/Symantic from my laptop?

The laptop was originally preloaded with norton antivirus. It is now out of date and I use other software for such protection so Norton is redundant.



However, it constantly pops up with reminders.



I have tried deleting it but it won't let me



It doesn't appear in the Add/Remove programmes list



I have tried unticking the appropriate boxes in msconfig startup



Any ideas, it is beginning to drive me mad



How can I get rid of Norton/Symantic from my laptop?mcaffee



Download %26 run the Norton Removal Tool (see linked "source")



How can I get rid of Norton/Symantic from my laptop?norton antivirus 2007



if your computer crashes and you run a complete restore from the disc came with .it will be there again .you can use it till your restored and ready to get rid again .
1. Click on Start | Settings | Control Panel



2. In the control panel double-click on Add / Remove Programs



3. Look through the list of installed programs for any item that says either "Norton" or "Symantec" or "LiveUpdate". (for example "Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition" or "Norton AntiVirus 2000")



4. For each "Norton", "Symantec", or "LiveUpdate" item, select the item and click Add / Remove. Follow the instructions, and click Yes or Yes to all when prompted.

No comments:

Post a Comment