Thursday, October 8, 2009

I use a G4 PowerBook that is 7 years old. I wish to buy an imac and need help-see details. What shou

First I am a novice to user's groups so please have patience with me. Is there a HD update for my G4 PowerBook that has a 10G HD that is all used up and works very slow? Also for the proposed new imac purchase, how do I protect both this imac and myself online from virus' and identity theft... in other words, I had planned to buy Norton Antivirus, Norton Confidential, Norton Personal Firewall, and Norton Internet Security... so are all these products necessary for complete protection, OR overkill? Or, will they conflict with one another while running on the same machine; Or, should I buy other software that is better? Consumer Reports did not have much to say about what to use with Macs. I know Macs are supposed to be less vulnerable to all of this, but with the new imac purchase, I plan to buy the Parallels software to be able to run Windows on my Mac, and I know I need some type of protection software for that as well. HELP! I just don't know which way to go with all of this!



I use a G4 PowerBook that is 7 years old. I wish to buy an imac and need help-see details. What should I do?antivirus programs



You don't need all that stuff, just use the built in OS X firewall that comes with your Mac. For the Windows installation, use the built in Windows firewall and the free versions of AVG Antivirus and Anti-Spyware. Also, when using Windows, use the Firefox browser instead of Internet Explorer and you'll be all set. That's really all you need, all that other stuff is just unnecessary junk.



You can get them here:



http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1



http://www.firefox.com



I use a G4 PowerBook that is 7 years old. I wish to buy an imac and need help-see details. What should I do?computer protection



Macs suck, no offense. They're more expensive and many use proprietary parts. What a pain. That's like paying extra to get something branded yet performs with the same hardware. The only thing that makes it worth it is if you really care about the Mac OS (and I feel sorry if you do!).



Save yourself some money (and hassle) by getting a PC on your next purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment