Thursday, October 22, 2009

Free Anti-spam softwares - where???

I bought Norton Antivirus 2007 a few months ago and installed in my HP XP Notebook. In testing TuneUp Utilities 2007 recently, I am advised that there is no Anti-Spam software in my computer. To get the Anti-Spam facilities, I have to pay for such.



My questions are: (1) Is it true that Norton does not have Anti-spam function? (2) Where can I get a FREE anti-spam software? (3) Can I install this Anti-spam software and have them running parallel in my computer? (4) If not, then what must I do? Thanks.



Free Anti-spam softwares - where???nortin



To get what you call "anti-spam" software, you need to have something like Ella for Spam Control or Spam Butcher, or something else like that. Ella is free if you have Microsoft Outlook, but to get it for Outlook Express, you have to buy it.



Spam Butcher is free, however. So far as I know, Norton does not have anti-spam software included in its antivirus. Most all antispam software today is called "trainable" meaning you teach it what is spam and what isn't. If you have only Yahoo mail, it already has the best spam blocker there is.



http://www.spambutcher.com/



Free Anti-spam softwares - where???pc security



Comodo Anti-Spam



http://comodoantispam.com/
Norton anti-virus does not have anti-spam but Norton security suite does.



Free anti-spam try Popfile from http://sourceforge.net website



It is actually an email catergorizer but can be used as an anti-spam tool



I have been using it for about six years with a very high level of accuracy.
I dont think Norton has anti-Spam wear. You have to get the Norton Anti-Spam wear. I believe it is possible to have anit-Sperm wear and the Norton Antivirus 2007 running parallel. I would check with your computer techinician. He will be able to. in some cases. You will need to buy the same "brand" of antivirus as you do anti-spam



I am not a computer techincian just stuff i know



But check it out and see.



Leelah

No comments:

Post a Comment