Monday, October 19, 2009

I need a way to restore my system files ... PLZ help!!!?

A virus got into my system becauase i uninstalled the anti virus software because i was having trouble with it... I was going to reinstall it... but in the meantime a virus got into my system... I reinstalled the antivirus... but it has corrupted some system files... I have a good antivirus and that's not the problem... The problem is does ANYONE have an antivirus program that can clean up and restore files in the C:\Windows directory??? please help... I tried a system restore but that didnt work because the virus turned that off before it went on corrupting my system files... PLEASE help!!! I RELY ON MY COMPUTER FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! plz plz plz HELP MEE!!!



I need a way to restore my system files ... PLZ help!!!?vista



Goto Start Menu, Click Run. Paste or type the following.



sfc /scannow



This is a built in "System File Checker". If it finds files that are corrupt or missing it restores them from the backup cache.



I need a way to restore my system files ... PLZ help!!!?antispyware



sfc /scannow is a base scan of the systems file integrity. what I've found is that this actually can revert system files back to what they were for the original OS - all the old stuff back and you'll have to be quick on the windows update to close the vulnerabilities...



a check disk however, is a repair of the file, filesystem structure and file "load points". this will maintain the current system files, and may be the quickest route to getting back up and running properly (although, not very quick if it doesn't work...)



Click on Start -%26gt; Run



Type in "cmd" and click ok



Type in "chkdsk /f/r" (no quotes) and hit enter



follow the onscreen instructions i.e. Y for yes, and reboot your PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment