Thursday, October 22, 2009

SVCHOST.exe using 100 percent of cpu. 10 different instances of svchost.exe running at same time?

MY computer has been running really slow lately. I have checked task manager to see what has been using all of my cpu. I discovered that svchost.exe was using 100 percent of the cpu. when i went run and typed in cmd. i then typed in tasklist/svc to see the current tasks running under svchost. THe cmd window says that "Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] "tasklist' is not recognized as an internal or external command,



operable program or batch file." I know this cant be because i used another computer with windows xp and it was succesful in showing me the current tasks running under svchost. Is there something wrong with the software on my computer. I have run antivirus, spyware and adware and have come up empty handed. I do not kno what i should do please respond.



SVCHOST.exe using 100 percent of cpu. 10 different instances of svchost.exe running at same time?symantic



I can only tell you the more instances of svchost.exe are running the better it is for performance. It's indeed not normal for it to be taking 100%, many virus/ spyware target this file as an entry point.



SVCHOST.exe using 100 percent of cpu. 10 different instances of svchost.exe running at same time?viruses



Download this tool, it should help you a lot:



http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinte...



wdw

No comments:

Post a Comment