Thursday, October 22, 2009

How to safely back up files on my PC (windows XP) & completely wipe it for a clean start?

My PC bought Jan 2006. PC came with 56K. ITU v.90 modem, but i have cable connected. Why is it still slow? friend suggested might be a virus which is not removable by my McAfee (Security center) antivirus. Windows IE keeps freezes. When 1st turn on PC, takes ages to open 1st email. Also have system mechanis 6 installed. It didn't detect problem hence problem is not fix. PC still has A LOT of memory %26 huge hard drive capacity. SM6 always indicate speed as FAIR.



Best to back up using HDD? which brand? how to back up? (steps please), Flash USB ok?



What's a safe and EASY wipe out? read Norton partition utilities. Since already using McAfee,, does it have similar software? Original windows XP (Home) came with PC, don't want to loose this cause I don't have the disk.



I have good basic knowledge of PC functions, email and internet). IS this enough for me to do the back up and wipe out myself?



Help! Don't want to have another PC crashed on me! *thanks



How to safely back up files on my PC (windows XP) %26 completely wipe it for a clean start?noton



You might not need to wipe it out and start over. And no - having a dial up modem won't affect the speed of anything as long as you are using cable (though I have actually seen on more than one occasion someone still dialing up despite having a cable modem attached - those people were incredibly stupid however).

No comments:

Post a Comment