Thursday, October 22, 2009

Need help with unknown Warning on my computer?

In the bottom right corner of my computer screen in the bar I see a small square with and AV on it and a blinking yellow question mark. When I click on it a box comes up that says "Warnings" and "Provided by CA Computer Associates" and then it lists, Date, Time, Type, and Help... the type says Update failed. When I click on Help though it only tells me the me the message below... but I have no idea what it means! I have tried to update everything and can't figure out where it's coming from. Can someone help Please!! Thanks so much!!



message:



Update Failed



It has been determined that the update cannot be completed at this time. This is most likely due to a temporary problem when attempting to contact the update server. It is recommended that you attempt the update again shortly.



______________________________________...



Solution:



If the problem persists, it is recommended that you check the following list of connection related components.



If you connect using a proxy server, you should check the settings for this. If you are unsure of the correct settings, you should contact your Internet service provider.



If you use a firewall, you should check the status of this. Make sure you check that the firewall software is not blocking access to any antivirus update components. To see a list of components, please click here to view the 'Updates and Firewalls' section.



Check that you can connect to other web sites - if you cannot view any websites with your browser, the update will also be affected. You should check your Internet connection settings. If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact your Internet service provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment