Monday, October 19, 2009

HP Pavilion dv6000 hard disk problem?

I bought an Hp pavilion dv6000 from around 5 days and I found something strange happening: when I put anything in partition c: it consumes around 1 giga! I have two paritions c: and d: (HP recovery) so I download everything in c:. When I installed kaspersky antivirus, the space decreased by 1 giga. when I updated, Hp software, another 1 giga is lost. The partition had at first when I opened the box 199gb free of 221gb and now 190gb with firefox, antivirus, hp and soundcard update, and some files on desktop....I have windows vista home premium...so what do you think is the problem?!!



HP Pavilion dv6000 hard disk problem?free antivirus download



I would try reformatting the disk since it's new and see if you're still having problems. Pop in your Windows install disc, go into recovery console, and type "format c: /fs:ntfs /q" (without the quotes) and hit enter. This will do a quick reformatting of the drive. Then type exit and it will restart. Reinstall Windows and start install apps again. If you're having the same issues, take it back. It will still be under warranty if there's anything wrong with the hard drive itself, and I'm sure they have a 30-day return period wherever you bought it (or at the very least a 10-day period).

No comments:

Post a Comment