Saturday, June 19, 2010

What kind of internet security software does everyone use? How many programs do you need?

I use Ad-Aware, Webroot Spysweeper, McAfee Antivirus. I have been thinking about adding more but don't know which ones to buy. Can you help me out?



What kind of internet security software does everyone use? How many programs do you need?adware



I use Ad-Aware, Spybot S%26D, AVG Antivirus, Zone Alarm. You can buy suites from various vendors that cover everything, but they don't catch all problems and they are pricey.



What kind of internet security software does everyone use? How many programs do you need?antivirus scan



Here's a different approach. Try using Ubuntu Linux. Its totally free, and so is 99.9% of the software for linux. There are NO viruses for linux, which is why Mac OS X is based on linux. Its easy to use, and runs a lot like windows.
You need a Firewall, Anti-Virus and as many anti-spyware programs as you want. I use Zonealarm Pro but a friend uses the Comodo firewall which is free for life (apparently) and she rates it very highly. AVG do a free Anti-Virus too which has a great reputation. I like Spyware Doctor by PCTools for my anti-spyware and also Microsoft Defender...
Try out Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG Internet Security (not free though), and Registry Mechanic. I've had my doubts about Spysweeper, but overall it's pretty decent. I have McAfee Internet Security on another machine, I think it does very well.
Here's some ideas to "roll ya own" Internet Security Suite for free. Free is always the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment