Saturday, June 19, 2010

How can I remove a software program without the required password?

I downloaded the trial version of Kaspersky Labs antivirus 6.0. I was not satisfied with its functionality. Want to install another company's program instead, but must UNinstall Kaspersky first, natch. Can't. Kasjerky requires a *^%26#$?! password, even though the trial period expired and the darned thing is functionally DEfunct. Not only that, but their online support requires the password just in order to contact them. (their phone support never answers, btw.) So I am stuck with this thing, unable to even install alternative protection. Or...?



Does anyone know, for example, how to get into my machine as administrator, in order to override the roadblocks to uninstallation? (Yes, I have tried both the Remove Program control panel AND manually deleting the program file. Nothing seems to work.)



How can I remove a software program without the required password?antivirus downloads



If you don't have administrator privelages, then you really shouldn't be trying to mess with that stuff. Contact the person who does have admin, and have him/her do it.



Otherwise I would say manually delete the program, but then you will have truckloads of registry errors to deal with.



How can I remove a software program without the required password?cafe racer



i guess u can



just go to its folder in c:/program files/ and delete its all contents



NOTE: its on the official or prefered way of uninstalling
throw the pc off the wall untill you stop feeling angry at the piece of S**t :D im having the same problem with avg free edition . .it wont uninstall cos theres no license. .its stupid man. . the people who repaired my pc put it on with no licence. . . =| go on the website and email them. .thats what im trying to do ..they'll know best. .but even that dosent seem simple

No comments:

Post a Comment