Saturday, June 19, 2010

Do they make software that will block pop ups that appear to be from your own computer?

Like that will block updates are ready to install or upgrade your antivirus programs and just the weird stuff I have no idea what it is that pops up. Also, how does your computer time those pop ups? Is it completely at random because they seem to wait until your in the middle of something important.



Do they make software that will block pop ups that appear to be from your own computer?



I believe this is spyware or malware. This happens to me alot because my grandson uses my computer and goes to sites like bearshare, game sites, ect.



You can go to twocows.com and download "Spybot, search and destroy" for free. I run it every day or two and it finds about a dozen items that have placed themselves on my computer giving it demands that cause the pop-ups.



I also have "Adaware" (not to be confused with adware) it works much the same as Spybot but each one catches things the other doesn't. So It's best to use both and run them regulary.



Don't let them run anything automaticaly it will drive you crazy, just run them manualy when you want to.



If you have Windows, set it to receive automatic updates and set your virus software, AVG, Norton, or whatever to automaticaly update.



This is the only way to keep your computer clean of junk like spyware, adware, and viruses.



And don't download everything just because it is "free". That's what gets you into trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment