Wednesday, November 4, 2009

RIDICULUS geek squak service fees?

I tried to ask one of the geeksquad agents over the phone a question about how to manually delete a virus file and he said that he doesnt know anything and I would have to talk to a service agent over the phone and pay $99, and I asked him the fee for deleting a virus and he said $299, my computer isnt even worth that much, and their slogan is that you have the right to a safe computer. arent these fees crazy! $99 for talking to someone on the phone, $250 for installing an antivirus software! what do you think about these fees



RIDICULUS geek squak service fees?internet security



Yes!!! They are ridiculous!!! My aunt called them to hook her DVD recorder and they wanted $150, so i drove 30 miles to do it for her : )



I would try and install an anti virus, maybe it will fix it. Good luck! Also, try AVG, it's free!



RIDICULUS geek squak service fees?network security



Find a local computer guy. The Geek squad are losers. I've proved them wrong more than once. They often "repair" rigs and when the customer gets his computer home it doesn't have sound or something. I charge 1/2 what they do and I check everything before i return it and even put the latest drivers and updates in. I'm sure you have techs like me in your town. I will pick up a computer reimage the drive put all the drivers and updates in then deliver and set it back up with their printers cams etc starting at $150 so, yes, $250 just to remove a virus is way out of line. Problem is, people pay it!
being a former cable repair technician ive had nasty run in's with the geek squad (they pert near crashed an entire network of a customer my plugging a PC into the WAN port on a wireless router and the modem in a standard port....i wonder why id didnt work......hmmmmm). i wonder if they can fix thier own cranial-rectile inversion :D
that is very ridiculous. Just get an antivirus program (there are even pretty good free ones on the web), install it and scan your hard drives.
Well I agree completely with you. A reputable shop locally owned runs on average about a 1/3 the cost they charge.



However someone must be paying them. I see those stupid VW's all over the place, and they drive worse than the pizza drivers.



Go figure :-)
people pay money for service that they can't or un-willing to learn. as for the amount - they are requesting the $$ that they can get paid for - if this was way to high no one would pay it.

No comments:

Post a Comment