Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Can somebody who is computer smart **please** help me?????

I have cable internet, and my service is connected, but I can't get online. My internet icon keeps popping up saying there is "little or no connectivity". I have tried to repair the connection and tried to renew my IP address, and I went in and told it to find my IP address automatically, but it says it can't renew my IP address and thus I can't get online.



I thought it was a virus on my computer preventing me from getting online and it still could be. I went and bought an antivirus software, ran it like crazy on my computer, deleted a few things and rebooted over and over and it still won't work.



I tried to run dns on my computer and did the IPconfigure prompts and asked it to renew, and it still won't renew my IP. When I ask it to release my IP address, it just says 0.0.0.0 and says the connection timed out and cannot contact my DHCP.



Can somebody please help me? I have tried everything I can think of and don't know what else to do.



Can somebody who is computer smart **please** help me?????ktm



If you're not getting an IP address (i.e., if you're IP address is 0.0.0.0), then something's not working right with your wireless router. If you have a network cable, you can plug it directly into the wirless router (or combination router/modem, if that's what you've got). That SHOULD give you an address. If it doesn't, chances are either that your router has DHCP turned off (it's usually on by default), or else the router is screwed. If it does give you an address and all works well, then it's either a problem with the wireless setup, or else your wireless adapter isn't working right. This stuff can all get kinda tricky - best bet is to get a friend in there who understands networking to work on it, give 'em a nice dinner and a beer, and they'll hook you up.



Can somebody who is computer smart **please** help me?????nortan



Is this connection you are trying to establish for a new computer? Was it working before? Does your ISP have any local issues that are being repaired? If this is a new computer you may need to register the mac address of the system with your ISP depending on who it is. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment